Thursday, March 19, 2009

FEATURED ETSY JEWELRY ARTIST - COLE DESIGNS



WELCOME, Nicole, and her Etsy shop COLE DESIGNS. When you pay a visit to Nicole's shop, you will find some very exquisite pieces of jewelry....pendants, necklaces, earrings. As I was looking through Nicole's shop, the necklace below caught my eye. I love the colors and texture! Be sure to pay COLE DESIGNS a visit to see for yourself what this talented jewelry artist has to offer.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I have been a creative person since I could remember. I started with painting, and as I got older my creativity has kind of taken a life of its own. I still love painting, but I have added sewing and of course jewelry making to my list of things that make me truly happy.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

When it comes to jewelry, beautiful natural stones that catch my eye are what I am all about. I absolutely love working with drusies, and hand cut faceted stones. These stones are so beautiful in nature; I find them to be the most interesting in a semi natural form.


What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

To me it is amazing to take a single, semi precious stone and combine with elements that when finished create a piece of wearable art that demands attention. I love having a pile of items that I have no plan for, I usually throw them all in a pile and the design comes to me on how they will be arranged.


If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

The first thing that comes to mind I guess would be an Artichoke, why you ask? Well, an artichoke is a vegetable that not everyone has the taste for, but the people that do like them, absolutely love them! Besides if you were to connect a beautiful copper chain to an artichoke, I could make a necklace out of that.


If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Other than jewelry, my favorite way to express myself is oil painting. You are able to start with a blank white canvas, and by the time you finish you can have an entire story on the canvas in front of you.


What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

That natural and unique combined are the most beautiful expression there is.


What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

If you love doing it then do it. "Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." William Jennings Bryan

Nicole, it was a pleasure to have you and your creative jewelry out here on DZFANTASY as a featured artist. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and creativity!

You can find out more about Nicole and her work by clicking on the links below.



COLE DESIGNS WEBPAGE

3 comments:

LisaLisa said...

Great interview on Nicole...her work is beautiful. Hope things are going well Donna. Missing you always! :))))

Belinha Fernandes said...

Thank you so much!!Yes,the panel is too big!I had similar problem in my blog!:)

ClayItAgain / 12MidnightOils said...

Hi Donna
YOu have jsut been awarded the Sisterhood Award!
To see it go here http://clayitagain.blogspot.com/
Have a great weekend
Cindi
clayitagain/12MidnightOils