Tuesday, March 31, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - MARY HANKS

RABBIT, RABBIT PILLOW
by MARY HANKS

I've always loved bunnies, real ones, and any others! This delightful Rabbit pillow by MARY HANKS on Etsy, gives one a very cozy feeling just looking at it. I'm happy to have Mary here on DZFANTASY as a featured artist, and hope you enjoy learning a bit more about Mary and her creativity. When you pay a visit to MARY HANKS, you will find a wide range of items to choose from...children's boutique, paintings, bibs and blankets, purses and totes, all created by Mary.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

As long as I can remember I've always enjoyed making things. When I was in school, making a collage trumped writing a book report any day! Making & giving gifts that are homemade, cooking, refurnishing furniture, it's just always been a way of life.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Well my medium changes because I CAN'T decide what to work with! My shop has more sewn/fabric things, but I'm just as happy with painting. I have done some sculpture, although none are currently for sale. Guess it's time to revisit that craft.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Imagining the recipient enjoying whatever item they've purchased from my shop.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I'm an avid gardener and cook, enjoying both of those mediums here at home. Unfortunately they don't transfer that well to my Etsy business, or at least I haven't figured out how to practically do that!

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

My Heart's Desire...to use whatever talent that God has given to me to bring glory to Him,to create items of joy, fun, love & grace that will bless those who purchase or give something from me.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Learning how to photograph and best display is so important. I'm still working on that aspect of this business.

Thanks, Mary, for sharing your thoughts and creativity with all of us. I'm sure you won't run out of ideas of what to do with your talents. Be sure to visit MARY HANKS to see all the lovely items Mary has to offer.



BLOG

WEB PAGE

No comments: