Saturday, March 28, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - WIREFOX - Photography and wild jewelry

Three Droplets 16 by 20 Fine Art Photography Print
by Kacey
Taken after a morning rainstorm, this (insert flower name) is in full bloom in my Grandmother’s walled garden in Costa Rica.


Let's welcome, Kacey and her Etsy shop WIREFOX. Kacey not only has fine art photography in her WIREFOX shop, but also unique bottle cap pendants, other fun jewelry, post cards, and more. Be sure to pay WIREFOX a visit.


Fly away home

This pendant in made from polymer clay, beads, and an unpcycled izze twist off bottlecap. The little lady bug sits on a yellow background. Her spots are made from glass beads. Fits most thin chains.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

Leg surgery. I was off my feet for an entire summer, an eternity in kid time.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I didn't, polymer clay grew out of experiments with other, less satisfactory clay types, and photography was the only way I could capture what I want to capture

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

The moment when I first see a positive reaction from a buyer, or a friend, or a gallery goer.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Kiwi. Dark, strange and unapproachable in some ways, bizarrely textured, but vibrant and sweet all around...wait, was this about me, or my art? Still kiwi either way.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your creativity, what would that be and why?

Film. Writing. But mostly film. I've been fascinated with cinema since I was a little girl, and I am one of those rare people who want to go back to New York, not to act, but to become involved in technical theater and film-making.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

You tell me...

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Do what you love, if you are here for any other reason, now is the chance to get out.

Kacey, thanks for being a featured artist out here on DZFANTASY, and for sharing your creativity with everyone.

You can learn more about Kacey and her work by clicking on the links below.


BLOG

3 comments:

Sparkle-Me! Designs said...

Lovely lady bug design. Congratulations on the feature Wirefox.

Tumbleweed Trails said...

What a great feature on Kacey and her shop. That lady bug pendant is So darn cute! I just love the detail in the print "Three Droplets."

Jody

Roz said...

Great stuff - thanks so much for including my necklace!! :D