Wednesday, February 25, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - ARTISAN CREATED

Citrine Candlelight Earrings

by

ARTISAN CREATED

I'm happy to have Anna of ARTISAN CREATED on Etsy, as a featured artist here on my DZFANTASY blog.

Anna creates some beautiful jewelry...earrings, necklaces and more. For her favorite item to show on her feature, Anna selected the gorgeous pair of Citrine earrings shown above. While browsing through her shop, I noticed the matching necklace, and just had to add it out here! Very beautiful.


Citrine Candlelight Necklace

Let's hear what Anna has to say about her work, and why she loves creating beautiful jewelry. Be sure to visit ARTISAN CREATED to see more of Anna's work.
What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I always liked crafts and a friend of mine introduced me to beading. I guess I took to it like a duck to water. It's relaxing and lets me express my creativity.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I wanted a medium that was accessible; something I can find easily and use my imagination to create something unique.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

The creativity that my craft allows me is most enjoyable. There are so many options in materials, should I choose to select something different. Having people compliment me and/or buy the things I create is certainly a wonderful feeling.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would that be and why?

Hmm.... Great question. I think I'd pick an onion because there are layers to my jewelry and just like onions are a great addition to most any dish, my jewelry is a great addition to any outfit.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be, and why?

Photography. Check out the shop in the next month or so as I will be adding photography. People tell me I see things that others don't, or see things in a different way. There's so much beauty out there and I want to share the beautiful things I see.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Another great question. I think the message I want to convey with my art is beauty and elegance.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?


My advice to other artists/crafters would be to do what they love. Stay true to who are and do what you love, what makes your heart smile, what makes you proud.

Thanks for a delightful interview, Anna, and for taking the time to share your thoughts and wonderful jewelry with us.! You can learn about Anna and her creations by clicking on her links below.



BLOG

FLICKR

No comments: