Wednesday, February 18, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - AMANDA @AMY MAY DESIGNS



Let's welcome, Amanda of AMY MAY DESIGNS on Etsy. AMY MAY DESIGNS offers a wide selection of items ranging from handmade, totes, clutches, as well as a variety of cute "button" earrings and necklaces.

Be sure to visit Amanda's shop....you just might find something you can't do without!



What led you to start creating your art/craft?

Boredom I guess. I am a full-time designer at a large surf company and spend many hours behind a computer, which is the opposite of what I really wanted to be in design for so…I found Etsy and just started making things I like.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Since I have a full-time job…still…I knew I wanted to start small to test the waters. I have always loved making jewelry, and have done it for fun since I was a teenager so I started with jewelry and with the idea that I would eventually start making handbags also. One of my other favorite things!

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

This is a tough one, possibly the shopping, either for the fabric or the beads and other notions. I LOVE to shop! I also really enjoy seeing the final product, once you have finished the closure or sewn your last seam, seeing it all come together is definitely the most rewarding…Until someone buys it, then that is the most most rewarding.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Hmm, wow I thought that last question was the tough one…I would say maybe an apple. Its simple, round, comes in different sizes and colors, can be sweet or tart and you can never go wrong with an apple!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Music, I have always been really inspired and influenced by music, and always dreamed of being a singer/musician. Even though the extent of my singing/music career lasted through sophomore year of high school choir.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Fun, simple and well made accessories should be affordable for everyone!

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Just Make It!

Amanda, thanks for a fun interview, and for taking the time to share your creations with everyone!








No comments: