Tuesday, February 17, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - ELVIE'S BOUTIQUE

Victorian Ornament for Christmas or Valentines's Day


WELCOME, Agnes and her Etsy shop, ELVIE'S BOUTIQUE. At ELVIE'S BOUTIQUE you will find charming Victorian ornaments. Read below to find out how Agnes got started creating her delightful Victorian ornaments.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

When my daughter was small I decided to make Victorian paper ornaments that she couldn't break for our tree. I had so much fun doing this.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I love paper and all the German trim. It's so pretty and rich looking.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Transforming old worn ornaments into pretty new ones.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would say fruit, in particular sugared plums. Of course because they remind me of Christmas and fancy Victorian ornaments.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I draw and paint a little and I would love to do more of this. This would give me the opportunity to express my creativity outside of just ornaments.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I love what I'm doing and I'd like that to come across in my work.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Do what you love. Otherwise it's just another job.


Thanks, Agnes, for taking the time to share your thoughts and creativity with everyone! Your delightful ornaments makes one think of bygone eras.









No comments: