Friday, February 13, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - ABLE MABEL

Sweet Poppies Set of 4 Tile Coasters

Leann and her Etsy shop, ABLE MABEL have such a wide variety of items to offer you....colorful coasters, like the ones above, jewelry, baby items, magnets, signs/frames and lots more!! Right now she has over 100+ items in her shop! Let's read below to see how ABLE MABLE came about.


What led you to start creating your art/craft?

My sister and I were in charge of our Church's Craft Sale in the Fall of 2007. We had so much fun coming up with ideas and exploring our creative side. When the sale was done, it was hard to stop, so I didn't!

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I mostly work with fabric and paper. I love all the different patterns and colors in them!

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

When it all comes together to make a beautiful piece. Especially one that I like.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Hmmm...this one is a toughie. How about a fruit salad. Is that cheating?!? I love color, texture, patterns, variety, all the yummy goodness that is in a fruit salad.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Someday I would like to try clay, but it'll be a while before I get to it.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Life is short, enjoy it! Surround yourself with beautiful colors and fun patterns.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Put your heart into it. Live thru your art.

THANKS, Leann, for sharing your thoughts and creations with everyone! I like your choice of a "fruit salad" to describe your work! That's very creative thinking!

Be sure to visit ABLE MABLE to see all the variety that this Etsy shop has to offer.




ABLE MABLE BLOG

No comments: