Saturday, February 28, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - OWLBOT

Sunset Bird Note Cards and Envelopes (5)

WELCOME, JEN and one of her Etsy shops, OWLBOT, where she sells her original designed, handmade paper goods....note cards, tags, envelopes and also supplies. Jen also would be more than happy to work with you on a "custom order", so if you have a design in mind, be sure to get in touch with her.

Jen, also has another shop on Etsy which she calls OWLBOT AGAIN, where she sells "vintage" items, which I will be featuring out here at a later date.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I have always drawn little doodles and drawings of simple things – animals, people, nature, etc. and enjoyed making cards out of my drawings for other people. One day I came across a website that was selling Gocco printers and watched a tutorial and just fell in love with the idea. I quickly bought a Gocco machine and soon after decided to open my own business and sell what I made.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I saw the tutorial for a Gocco and fell in love with the handmade quality it produced.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

The final stage when I can take a step back and see the finished product is my favorite. There are so many steps before that happens, so it’s so rewarding to see it all put together.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

A bell pepper because they come in a variety of colors but in the same style, and I like to think I have a nice variety in my artwork while maintaining a sense of style.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would really like to carve handmade stamps. I think it would be a lot of fun and the perfect medium for my simplistic art.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Keep it simple and have fun. Don’t take life too seriously or make it overly complicated. Life is short!

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

If you love doing it, do it regardless of what anyone else says. I hear a lot of crafters who take everything they hear about their work to heart (which is hard not to do) but really, variety is what makes life exciting. If everyone liked the same things, nobody would be creative!

Great advice, Jen! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and creativity with everyone.

You can learn more about Jen by visiting any of the links below.



OWLBOT AGAIN

BLOG

FLICKR

MY SPACE

TWITTER

VINTAGE VILLAGE

No comments: