Thursday, February 12, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - PEACHES AND KREAM


Chalcedony and Sterling Necklace

by

RUE KREAM

WELCOME, Rue Kream and her Etsy shop PEACHES AND KREAM! Rue, not only has some very lovely jewelry designs in her PEACHES AND KREAM shop, but also, delightful needle-felted dolls and bowls. Be sure to pay Rue's shop a visit after reading her interview below.


What led you to start creating your art/craft?

My kids. I never thought of myself as ‘artistic’. My kids, on the other hand, never questioned their creativity. Watching them charge fearlessly into every craft that came their way led me to wonder if everyone has that artistic spirit somewhere inside of themselves, so I began experimenting alongside them.

Millicent May

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?
I haven’t. Right now I like to work with wire and wool. Next week, next month, next year I might find something completely new. There’s a whole lot of stuff in the world.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?


If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Funny – my shop name is a fruit and my username is a vegetable. To describe my art/craft, I guess I’d pick those purple green beans. Colorful and different.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be, and why?

Writing. I love the idea of making pictures with words.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Try new things. Don’t think of yourself as ‘a painter’ or ‘a jewelry designer’. You can be lots of things at once.




Rue, is was a real pleasure to have you as a featured artist here on DZFANTASY. Thanks, for taking the time to share your thoughts and delightful creations with all of us.




To see more of Rue's work, click on the links bel0w.





No comments: